Stair railings or handrails keep people safe as they travel from level to level. But they also are a design element for the deck. Today you can find stair railings that match any kind of style sense, be it traditional or modern. They compliment people’s homes and yards. Outdoor handrails are ideal for steps and walkaways where people need extra assistance. You can consider Outdoor Step Handrails that come in various lengths like 3 feet, 4 feet, and going up till 16 feet. Below are some critical things you must know about hand railings and the ideal ones as per your needs and styles.
Look for Durability
Apart from being made from a sturdy material, handrails should be durable enough to manage everyday handling. Some things that you should look out for if you want durable ones are as follows.
- Powder coating – Powder paint coatings are applied through a procedure that bakes them on the metal. Thus, it makes the coating very tough. It also becomes tough to damage the coating. Powder paint is also resistant to UV rays.
- E-coating – E-coating is used underneath powder coatings. This kind of coating adds a good layer of protection from moisture. Thus, it prevents your railing from getting rusted.
Look for Easy Installation
Installing a handrail for the deck or patio is a difficult job. But the easy element of it is that you work on a flat surface. You must look for stair railings that can get installed quickly. So, look out for systems with the following features:
- Adjustable panels – Find a provider with hinged railings to ease the installation task. The balusters are connected to the rails using an internal pin hinge. It allows for the adjustment of the whole stair railing.
- Slide-in glass panels – It’s not easy to work with glass railings, mainly if you work in incline. So, a railing system with slide-in glass panels or balusters makes the task easy. With these systems, there’s no need to precut or measure. Just install the posts and rails. After that, slide in the panels.
Look for Some Extra Features
Outdoor staircase railings allow the outdoor space to look aesthetic. They also tend to be the focal element due to their height and geometrical element. Some extra features that give the railing a character and appeal include the following:
- Curved metal balusters – It’s possible for you to explore a myriad of curved metal balusters in the market. They come in subtle and bold styles, and you can also find more ornate ones. A curved baluster on a stair injects style into an otherwise utilitarian functionality.
- LED lighting – It’s a decorative feature of the handrail. But for many, it can also turn into a crucial safety feature. Quality railing providers offer stair railings that make it effortless for you to install LED lighting along the rails. It helps light the way safely and also leads to energy efficiency. It also costs you less.
- Color – At present, you can find handrails that are ideal for steps and stairs in various colors. These include white, bronze, desert, tan, silver, and copper veins. You should find one that harmonizes with your outdoor aesthetic.
Look for Outdoor Step Handrails that can be connected well together or cut and splice back so that it’s in length customized to your preference. Such handrails can withstand extreme conditions, and you can find matching post kits available for them as well.